Please Follow These Simple Rules While Enjoying the Preserve
There are over 25 miles of hiking trails on the Preserve. We ask that you follow a few basic rules:
1. Please don't hike off trail. Stay on marked and signed trails. Stay off coyote trails. Just because you see footprints doesn't make it a trail.
2. Please, pack it in, pack it out. Bring out your bottles and other trash.
3. No flying of drones.
4. No geocaches are allowed on the Preserve.
5. Horses are allowed on parts of Willis Palms, Hidden Palms and Pushwalla Trails. Please, no off-trail equestrian use. Horses are not allowed in any of the oases. Go to the Trail Maps page to find trails suitable for horses.
6. No Dogs or other pets are allowed on the Preserve. There are good dog-friendly trails in La Quinta and Palm Desert, also at the Whitewater and Mission Creek Preserves.